Weems and Plath Manual Compass as a Merin Product
A dependable tool used by sailors to confirm location, check to see if you are securely anchored on a collision course, or confirm your position as a backup to the GPS is the hand-bearing compass. Among various bearing compasses, is the Weems & Plath Hand Compass to get more information visit https://weatherscientific.com/collections/weems-plath
Compass Is Protected
The compass is protected by an armored yellow and blue rubber shell that stands out and makes it simple to locate. The Weems & Plath hand-bearing compass is a lightweight, easily-stowed compass in the shape of a hockey puck that may be worn around the neck or in a jacket pocket. It’s simple and discrete to wear or tuck away in your pocket. This makes it simple to keep the compass close at hand and prepared to take a bearing. I prefer the hockey puck type (as opposed to the pistol grip) because it allows you to take the reading while holding the compass close to your eye, which is a highly stable position, as compared to other styles that require you to hold the compass away from your body. When the boat is in adverse conditions, the degree of difficulty in taking a precise bearing increases.
It may be simpler to take accurate bearings with this form of hand compass held against your cheek, especially on a moving vessel. The Plastimo Iris 50 hand-bearing compass and the Weems & Plath hand-bearing compass is comparable in look and build quality. Only the northern hemisphere can use the hand-bearing compass Weems & Plath type 2004. You will be glad to have this high-quality navigational tool on board because it costs less than $150.
Features of This Hand Bearing Compass by Weems & Plath Include:
- Compass comes with detailed instructions, a certificate of calibration, and a lanyard for wearing it around the neck or wrist.
- Convenience. By reading the course displayed through the magnifying lens while looking down at the compass, one can rapidly calculate a heading.
- Day or night, a steady bearing may be seen in the prism with perfect focus. It is simple to properly plat a bearing to within 1-2 degrees.
- A liquid-dampened card with photo luminescent night lighting that charges quickly by holding the compass under a strong light for a brief period. This Weems & Plath compass doesn’t require batteries.
- The hand-bearing compass card is quick, clear, and simple to see thanks to the contrast between the black and red numerals.
- The compass is held close to the eye and read along the line of sight to determine a point’s bearing. In difficult conditions, easier than arms-length bearing compasses.
- Continual guarantee
- Accurate to 1 degree, confirmed by Weems & Plath.
For instance, if you’re shopping for boat seats, the store should have a good selection of helm seats, leaning posts, captain’s chairs, and other varieties. Additionally, see if they offer helpful customer service. These services are crucial because, as regular people, we may lack the knowledge and experience necessary to choose the products and equipment that will work best for our boats and to understand how to maintain and operate them. The provider will help you not only when you shop for your boat but also when you learn how it operates and how to maintain and repair it in the future with excellent customer support and services.
Thing to Consider
Another thing to consider is that the provider ought to have some knowledge and experience in this area. This will guarantee that the person selling the nautical products, equipment, and accessories has a solid understanding of those items. Solid working knowledge will guarantee that they can explain the fundamental features and other elements of the product you’re looking for to you. This will enable you to purchase the boat accessory that is best for it, most useful to you, and reasonably priced.
Always use the internet to research marine products check here https://weatherscientific.com/
if you’re interested. This will not only provide you with additional details about the products on the market, but it will also educate you about all the top businesses that produce them and the locations where you can buy them. Additionally, you will obtain an early understanding of these products’ costs so you may successfully haggle with the seller to receive a good discount margin on your purchase. For improved performance and durability, it is advisable to purchase only high-quality, branded items for your boat.