Understanding the technology behind online gambling
Technology is a factor driving the prolific growth in the online casino market. Today, online gambling operators often hire developers and third-party companies to develop and publish engaging games using different devices. But which technologies are casino operators using to make online gambling through top-rated online casinos in the US possible? Here’s a quick look.
Online casino games software
Online casino game publishers need complex programming methods and techniques to make the games seamless. Most of these games use C++ programming language, which also helps create random number generators to ensure the games are truly random and fair. That impacts the casino games as it ensures that nobody can rig the results.
Mobile casino software
Most online gamblers today are using their tablets and smartphones to play casino games, making the fastest growing segments. The latest tech advancements in the mobile sector are helping casino game developers optimize their games for mobile devices, with markup language HTML5 being key in this sector. That makes gambling sites accessible through mobile browsers like Chrome, Firefox and safari.
Online payment gateways
With real money casino betting, gamblers need a way to deposit their bankroll and withdraw their winnings. Most online casino operators rely on third-party internet-based payment methods to facilitate transactions with their players. That includes e-wallet banking solutions like Skrill, PayPal and other digital payment methods.
The technology behind online banking methods enables online casinos to securely receive cash from gamblers and transfer cash back to them when they win. These payment methods have a digital security layer that facilitates the seamless transfer of cash from one account to the other.
Casino security is key in the online gambling business. As such, online casinos employ different techniques to protect their customers’ funds and financial information. You can easily tell when an online casino site lacks security measures, and that’s usually a major turn-off for potential customers. Some of the most essential security measures that every online casino needs include:
- ID verification – Usually requires the player’s passport or driver’s license to confirm their identity and filter out minors trying to get into gambling.
- Encryption software – The safest and most reliable online gambling platforms use sophisticated data encryption technology to protect their clients’ data from being accessed by third parties on the site.
- Two-step verification – When players register at an online casino, there’s a possibility to activate a two-step verification for extra security. That usually involves the online casino sending the player a unique code every time they log into their account.
- End-to-end encryption – This technology transforms the users’ data into unbreakable code that only the intended user can decode. It’s especially useful for sending messages between the casino and the players.
- TLS – Another popular data encryption technique, this technology is similar to bank systems used to secure the customer’s money. Online gambling operators use this technology to guarantee their players that their cash will be safe after registering a betting account.